Best Biometric Gun Safes: Which one is the best value for your money?
Safes have become a compulsory item to have in your home if you are a gun owner, they are not only designed to keep the weapon safe, but they will ensure that you need not worry about children or anyone without access to reach your weapons and personal belongings. Yes, safes are not only for your weapons and they also work well for keeping all your belongings safe and out of harm’s way.
However, choosing the right safe might not always be easy and this is where you will need the guidance of the experts to find one that will meet your needs. Fortunately, we have done some of this legwork for you to ensure that you could find the right safe without too much trouble. After consulting many experts and testing some of the safes, these are the top safes that we have come to like and would recommend.
Not sure that a biometric safe is right for you? Check out this article for all you need to know!
- 1 The Best Biometric Safes on the Market in 2019
- 2 Best Biometric Wall Safe
- 3 Best Biometric Bedside Safes
- 4 Best Biometric Safe For Your Car
- 5 Best Biometric Safe for Rifles
- 6 Best Biometric Handguns That Can Be Used in the Home
- 7 Final Thoughts
The Best Biometric Safes on the Market in 2019
Quality and value for your money are two of the main aspects when selecting a top quality safe. We have selected a couple of safes for different purposes that should help you have a safe to meet your specific needs. Whether it is one for your bedside of for your motor vehicle, you should easily be able to find one that meets your needs. Here are the top biometric safes on the market in 2018 (reviews below):
Best Biometric Wall Safe
The wall safe might not be the first safe that comes to your mind, but it is certainly one of the best when it comes to concealing important document and valuables from prying eyes and even burglars trying to get into your home. Here are the top biometric wall safes that you should look at if you need something that is easy to conceal.
1. Viking Security Safe VS-52BL Biometric Fingerprint Wall Safe
- Made of heavy duty steel, Pry-resistant laser cut and coating, Non-volatile memory
- Upgraded 500 DPI Optical Biometric Fingerprint Sensor AND Keypad, Opens fast with fingerpring, PIN or a key
- Motorized deadbolt locking system AND Digital Keypad LCD displays operations and battery status;
- Sound On/Off programmable; Warning beeps if door is left UNLOCKED
- Black Powder Coating, Fully carpeted, Integrated LED light, 2 Fully adjustable shelves
A good quality safe can be hard to find, especially when you are looking for one on your wall. The Viking Security Safe VS-52BL Biometric Fingerprint Wall Safe features an upgraded 500 DPI sensor designed to make access easy and to allow you to easily get access the items or the weapons without having those technological snags.
It has been constructed from quality steel and the 5mm door seems to be impenetrable from the outside once it has been securely locked. Aside from the motorized deadbolt locking mechanism that should keep the safe securely locked, you also receive an additional keypad if the fingerprint scanner should be faulty. This has been lit up with an LED light to ensure that you could never miss the keypad at night.
The safe is quite ideal for businesses and offers you 32 different fingerprint options. These will be ideal for giving important people access to the important files inside. The safe is also rather affordable, making it ideal for you to buy one for your home and your office. It might be a little mall on the inside, but this help when you need to conceal the safe.
• Easy to mount and access
• Easy to conceal
• Extremely durable
• Lacks the space for a large handgun
2. Barska Biometric Wall Safe
- Secure Storage: Our DOJ approved safe comes with a 120 fingerprint biometric module that is easy to program.
- Adjustable Shelves: The safe comes with 2 removable shelves for convenience organizing.
- Solid Construction: This safe is built with durable steel and dual built-in pry-resistant steel deadbolts.
- Mounting: The safe is designed to be mounted on the wall, easily concealed behind objects.
- Right Opening: The door opens to the right.
With the design of a cabinet that can be easily concealed inside your wall behind any large portrait, the Barska Biometric Wall Safe features the perfect locking system for your office. The biometric fingerprint scanner can hold up to 120 different fingerprints with the first one being the admin that has the ability to remove any other fingerprints.
On the inside of the safe, it is quite stylish, it also features a carpet on the inside that will keep everything protected should the safe fall and hit the ground. The biometric locking system is battery operated and these batteries could last you up to 2-years of constant usage. Additionally, it also features a backup key that can be used should any of the electronics fail.
With 2 deadbolt locks, you should not need to worry about anyone getting into the safe without alerting you.
The safe might be lightweight, but once in place, it should be virtually impossible to pry open. We found the price to be rather affordable and match most other prices of wall safes. We would highly recommend it for the value and the quality.
• Reasonably priced
• Extremely durable and easy to mount
• 120 fingerprints can be stored
• Easy to conceal
• Batteries might malfunction
• Too small for a large handgun
Best Biometric Bedside Safes
1. Verifi Smart.Safe. Fast Access Biometric Safe with FBI Fingerprint Sensor
- LARGEST and ONLY FBI CERTIFIED FINGERPRINT SENSOR in any gun safe captures high-resolution fingerprint images to enhance recognition for QUICK ACCESS
- SELF-DIAGNOSTICS are performed on the electronics and batteries to ensure they're ready for use in the moments you may need them the most
- YEARS OF OPERATION on a single set of 4 AA batteries (included)
- TAMPER ALERTS are timestamped and logged to keep you informed of unauthorized access attempts, backup-key access and reset attempts
- AUTO-LOCK, LED night light, backup-key access, wall/floor mountable, stores 40 fingerprints, easy user management, solid steel construction, FSD approved, engineered in the USA
Designed for smaller and concealed spaces, the Verifi Smart.Safe. Fast Access Biometric Safe with FBI Fingerprint Sensor is one of the most durable and effective safes that can be used underneath or next to your bed. Made from top quality steel, this safe is rather tough to break into and with no hinges on the outside, it cannot be pried open.
The fingerprint scanner is made from FBI quality technology and this should ensure that the scanner works perfectly. It can be used to store up to 40 different fingerprints and the first one will be the main admin with the ability to remove and add more users. With additional extras like tamper alerts and a night light, this safe will be a great bargain.
The only downside is the price and this is one of the most expensive safes on this list. It is still functional and can be mounted anywhere with ease, but you will need to pay if you want all of this technology. We would highly recommend this safe for all the top quality features and the value it could potentially offer you.
• Durable and easy to mount
• Includes night light and tamper alert
• Great battery life
• Quite expensive
2. VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Handgun Safe Smart Pistol Safe
- UPGRADED ANTI-THEFT PROTECTION features anti-pry bars, two point anti-impact latches, interior mounted hinges, and NEW interior security brackets for the ultimate prevention against break-ins. Available with the entire Vaultek product line up including the new VT10i.
- TOUGH AND RUGGED heavy-duty 16-gauge carbon steel construction with a durable powdercoat finish preventing corrosion and ensures long lasting protection of your belongings for years to come.
- QUICK ACCESS to your valuables, documents, and firearm(s) from the automatic opening door. Get in quick when it matters most using the rapid fire backlit keypad or biometric fingerprint scanner.
- SMART SAFE TECHNOLOGY a highly interactive experience from your smartphone. You can easily toggled on/off using the available hotkeys if desired and still maintain all other safe functions. A RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM-ION battery provides power up to 4 months, and charges in 2.5 hours with the included micro-USB charging kit.
- RESPONSIVE LED LIGHTING in low light situations so you can locate your safe with the backlit keypad and easily view your safe contents with an adjustable interior LED light.
If you are looking for a multi-functional safe that could help you when it comes to your motor vehicle and your nightstand, the VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Handgun Safe Smart Pistol Safe is the ideal size to slide underneath your car seat and offer you the luxury of having quick access next to your nightstand. The safe is made from top quality materials and features anti-pry bars that will keep any unwanted people out.
On the inside, the safe is rather large and features protective cushioning. The size is large enough to store at least one large handgun and some ammunition. It is powered by a lithium-ion battery that will give you up to 4 months of use before it should be recharged. However, 2 additional spare keys are also included for any electronic malfunctions.
The safe is rather expensive for the size, but this should all be worth your while thanks to the additional features. If mounted next to your nightstand, you could use the LED light on the inside to ensure that you do draw the weapon the first time in any times of need. We would highly recommend this safe for the quality and value that it offers as well as the versatility.
Lastly, this safe can also be operated with your mobile smartphone, but this could also be a major security risk since most phones can be hacked with the right technology or even stolen.
• Durable and portable
• Multifunctional use
• Cannot be pried open
• Contains many extras
• A little expensive
• The smartphone feature might be a little risky
3. VAULTEK PRO VT Full-Size Handgun Safe Smart Multiple Pistol Safe
- ADVANCED ANTI-THEFT PROTECTION featured on all Vaultek safes includes anti-pry bars, Dual anti-impact latches, interior mounted hinges and NEW IMPACT DETECTION exclusive to VT SERIES for the ultimate prevention against break-ins.
- HIGH CAPACITY safe for multiple handguns. TOUGH AND RUGGED heavy-duty 14-GAUGE carbon steel construction with a durable powdercoat finish prevents corrosion and ensures long lasting protection.
- 4-POINT ENTRY with the unique NEW SMART KEY with immediate access mode, rapid fire backlit keypad, Bluetooth app, and manual keys. INSTANT ACCESS to your valuables, documents, and firearm(s) from the automatic opening door.
- SMART SAFE TECHNOLOGY a highly interactive experience from your smartphone. You can easily toggled on/off using the available hotkeys if desired and still maintain all other safe functions. A RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM-ION battery provides power up to 3 months, and charges in 2.5 hours with the included micro-USB charging kit.
- REFINED INTERIOR includes non-absorbent closed cell foam padding to protect firearm conditioning and RESPONSIVE LED LIGHTING to view your safe contents with the adjustable brightness interior LED light. EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS: 14.5" x 10.6" x 3.3" INTERIOR DIMENSIONS: 13.7" x 6.5" x 2.75" WEIGHT: 16lbs.
While much similar to the previous safe, the VAULTEK PRO VT Full-Size Handgun Safe Smart Multiple Pistol Safe is another ideal safe for your car and your nightstand. The safe is designed to be used in your car or next to your bed. It has been constructed from durable 12-gauge steel and this should keep your weapons and valuables protected.
What makes these safes so special is the fact that they can be accessed via Bluetooth on your mobile device. However, this might also be a security risk since most phones can still be hacked with the right skills and software. This safe is not technically biometric but should be useful with the easy to access keypad and multiple different combinations.
It features a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that should last you up to 4 months and only takes about 2.5 hours to fully recharge. The addition of spare keys will ensure that you always have access as well. For the price, this safe is actually rather affordable and we would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new multifunctional safe.
• Rather durable
• Reasonably priced
• Offers mobile connectivity
• Multiple different combinations
• It might be a little small for larger handguns
Best Biometric Safe For Your Car
Having a safe in your car is not always ideal and it is definitely not recommended that you leave important items and firearms in your vehicle unattended. However, having one can be quite helpful in certain situations and you will have the ability to keep the weapons safe when you are on the road with friends and family in the car. Most of these safes are also effective for use next to your nightstand.
1. SentrySafe Pistol Safe
- Biometric gun safe provides secure storage for one standard handgun; pistol safe with fingerprint scanner for advanced protection
- Pistol safe features a gas strut to instantly and quietly open safe door for single-handed access to your handgun; ideal for use as a bedside gun safe
- Handgun safe is constructed with solid steel and a pry resistant door for strength and handgun security; manual keypad and override key for back up entry; California DOJ certified gun safe
- Exterior: 12.1 in. W x 9.9 in. D. x 3.2 in. H; Interior 9.7 in. W x 6.7 in. D x 2.2 in. H; weighs 12 pounds; four AA batteries required (not included)
- For optimal performance, SentrySafe recommends the use of four high-quality, name branded, alkaline AA batteries with an expiration date of 8-10 years from the current year. Generic and rechargeable batteries often do not have the lifespan needed to support long term usage
The SentrySafe Pistol Safe is another small and efficient safe that should be perfect for your nightstand or your motor vehicle. Made from durable steel, this safe is also protected by an anti-pry bar that will keep unwanted hands from accessing your items. The design of the safe is also slim enough to ensure that it can easily be hidden underneath your seat in the car.
One of the key features is the addition of a gas strut that will help the safe op open once the fingerprint access has been granted. This will save you some valuable time should you find yourself in a couple of precarious positions in which you might need to access the weapon in a jiffy to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Finally, the safe includes an electronic keypad that can be used to override the biometric access if you have any other problems and the keys will be ideal if the batteries should fail you at any point. The safe is also rather affordable, but you will have the option of choosing the larger two-pistol option should you feel the need. We would definitely recommend this safe to anyone looking for something secure for his or her motor vehicles.
• Small design with a larger size option
• Easy to conceal and use
• Offers you quick access with the addition of the gas strut
• Really affordable
• Meets California DOJ standards
• The battery life might be a concern
2. Gunvault MV500-STD Microvault Pistol Gun Safe
- Dimensions: 11 inches by 8 1/2 inches by 2 1/4 inches Interior dimensions: 10 3/4 inches by 6 1/2 inches by 2 inches
- Weighs 4 lbs, 20 gauge steel exterior construction
- Learn buttons make it easy to program more than 12 million user selectable access codes
- Foam lining inside to protect the firearm or other valuables;Country of origin : China
- Does not include 9v battery user must unlock via key first
Next, we have the Gunvault MV500-STD Microvault Pistol Gun Safe and this is one of the smallest safes you could possibly find, which makes it perfect for your motor vehicle. The safe is made from durable 20-gauge steel that should make it hard to pry into and the safe is also rather light, making it easy to carry with a heavy weapon inside.
A soft foam insert has been added and this will definitely keep the weapons and your personal belongings from damage when the safe moves around in the car. While technically not a biometric safe, it does have a keypad that almost acts the same as the biometric features. With over 12 million different combinations, it should be rather impenetrable or tough for someone to guess your combination.
The 9V battery might be rather weak and could let you down from time to time, but if you are looking for something functional, this safe should be the ideal option. It can also be used next to your bedside, but this is definitely not recommended. In terms of the price, the safe is also rather affordable and we would definitely recommend it as the ideal portable safe.
• Small and portable
• Easy to use and versatile
• Includes a 5-year replacement warranty
• Features of 12 million different combinations
• The battery does not have a great lifetime
Best Biometric Safe for Rifles
Rifles are definitely not the best weapons to store in biometric safes and after doing some research, we have found that the biometric rifle safe might not be up to par with the smaller ones. The other downside is the fact that they tend to be rather expensive and you will need to ask yourself whether you really need quick access to your rifle.
Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe AX11652
- Secure Storage: Our DOJ approved safes comes with a 120 fingerprint biometric module that has an optional silent mode.
- Rifle Storage: The safe can store 4 rifles without any accessory attachments and comes with a removable shelf.
- Solid Construction: Safe is built with solid steel walls, tamper-resistant edges, and 3 built-in pry-resistant steel deadbolts.
- Mounting: Pre-drilled holes allows the safe to anchor in practically any place or closet.
The Barska Quick Access Biometric Rifle Safe AX11652 is the ideal safe that you could use for storing your rifles in a secure place. It has been made from durable steel and the California DOJ has approved the safe for keeping your rifles. The safe has the capability of storing up to 4 different rifles and with brackets inside, these rifles will never be damaged.
The biggest downside to having biometric rifle safe is the fact that it does present many weaknesses. The rifle safe is not waterproof and it cannot resist fires. This means that the lock can be broken, which might offer intruders a way in. Unfortunately, this safe also suffers from the same problem and you will need to take that risk.
Fortunately, it is rather affordable and this means that you could take the risk and try it out. The price is around the same as many other biometric smaller safes and with this additional storage space, you can certainly use it to its fullest capacity. With a 3-point deadbolt lock, it might be rather impossible to pry open this safe and we would recommend it as the only biometric safe for your rifles.
• Large and spacious interior
• Includes padding to keep the guns protected
• Durable design
• Reasonably priced
• Not waterproof or fireproof
Best Biometric Handguns That Can Be Used in the Home
Now that you understand all of the other different biometric safes that can be used in specific places, we are still left with a couple of safes that can be used in your home and in your room. These safes do not fit in cars or underneath your bed, but they are still extremely functional for your home and will offer great value for your money.
1. GunVault SVB 500 SpeedVault Biometric Handgun Safe
- Biometric fingerprint scanner & activation button
- Holds up to 20 individual fingerprints
- Multiple mounting options
- 18 gauge steel construction
- Mounting hardware included.Battery Usage:1 to 9 V
With a unique design, the GunVault SVB 500 SpeedVault Biometric Handgun Safe is not only designed for your nightstand but should be functional enough to be used anywhere around the home. The safe is designed in the form of a holster that will simply slide open and offer you direct access to the firearm once it is unlocked.
Made from 18-gauge steel, the safe is rather tough and not that easy to break open. With the anti-pry features, it should also be rather tough for anyone to pry it open and get access to your weapon. This functional safe is rather stylish and should be able to mount anywhere in the home and in any direction. It might look ideal for your motor vehicle, but this can be quite tricky.
The safe can hold up to 20 different fingerprints that should also be ideal when it comes to giving access to you and your family members. It is also rather affordable and we would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new and unique safe that should be perfect for anywhere in your home.
• Extremely unique design
• Tough to pry open
• Really affordable
• Extremely durable
• The fingerprint scanner is prone to malfunctions
2. BARSKA Large Biometric Safe
- CHILDPROOF BIOMETRICS – Foolproof fingerprint security lets you save up to 120 fingerprints and safeguard all handguns away from your kids!
- INSTANT HOME DEFENSE – The advanced fingerprint lock grants fast, 2-second access even in the dark or during critical moments
- THEFT DETERRENCE – Fortified with steel and state-of-the-art biometrics, the home safe resists tampering, prying, and lock picking
- ROOM TO SPARE – Sized for optimal compact storage, the Security Safe mounts nearly anywhere and boasts 1.45 ft³ of space for all your valuables
- RELIABLE BACKUP – Use the hidden keyhole and included keys or plug in the emergency battery pack for easy, manual access anytime
Last but certainly not least, we have the BARSKA Large Biometric Safe and this safe is also available in a smaller version for your nightstand or underneath your bed. The safe is made of top quality steel and the fingerprint scanner can hold up to 120 different fingerprints. It is large enough to store multiple different firearms and valuables.
The safe is rather expensive and this also makes it quite tough to move and harder to mount, but once this has been bolted into place, it will take a lot of effort to move it. The safe also does not have any outer hinges and this makes it tough to pry open as well. It is powered by 4 AA batteries and the estimated battery lifetime is around 2-years.
This safe is also rather affordable and we would definitely recommend it for the value of the safe and the additional features that have been included. The safe also includes a silent mode if you need to access the weapon silently and the beeping should notify you that you left the safe open.
• Large and heavy makes it harder to move
• Durable steel construction
• Effective fingerprint scanner
• Large interior for multiple items
• Reasonably priced
• Quite tough to mount
Having a decent safe is always a great safe if you are a firearm owner and if you plan to look for the best biometric safes, these safes should be a great starting point. After testing a couple and talking to experts, these safes are rather great and we would definitely recommend them to any gun owner.
We would like to thank you for reading this article and we would like to know more about your experience with biometric safes. Please let us know in the comment section if you have used any of these safes and if we might have missed any of your favorites.