Typical ‘dress’ belts are not particularly handy for carrying holsters and weapons, which is just one of the many reasons why most people are switching over to specialized belts for gun holsters. Numerous different models are available on the market, and we’ve made sure to include only the most durable and most valuable models on our list of the best Belts for Gun Holsters.
- 1 Best Concealed Carry Belts for Gun Holsters
- 1.1 Magpul Tejas Gun Belt El Burro
- 1.2 Dickies Men’s Leather Double Prong Belt
- 1.3 5.11 Tactical Men’s Military Trainer Belt
- 1.4 Shotgun Lilli Brown Genuine Leather Gun Belt
- 1.5 Condor LCS Gun Belt
- 1.6 5.11 Tactical Men’s 1.63-inch Sierra Bravo Plus Work Duty Belt 59505
- 1.7 Excellent Elite Spanker’s Military Waist Belt Multi-Purpose Molle Padded Patrol Belt
- 1.8 EmersonGear Padded Battle Belt Tactical Combat Belt
- 1.9 CQR Tactical Belt
- 1.10 EcoGear FX Tactical Belt Military Style Webbing Riggers Belt
- 1.11 What to look for in a belt for a gun holster?
- 1.12 Conclusion
Best Concealed Carry Belts for Gun Holsters
Magpul Tejas Gun Belt El Burro
- Our all purpose, all the time belt; Built of a single flexible layer of waterproof, textured, reinforced polymer material
- Dress belt comfort offers stretch and sag free performance but is supportive enough to carry a light pistol
- Non-ferrous, custom corrosion-resistant aluminum hardware
- Standard 1-1/2" Wide to fit most belt loops and holsters; eight holes with 3/4" Spacing for a wide yet precise adjustment range
- Made in Texas, USA
We’re opening up with Magpul’s Tejas El Burro gun belt. Although it looks relatively basic, casual even, the El Burro belt offers convenience, accessibility, comfortable wear, and versatile holster mounting options first and foremost.
The first notable feature of Magpul’s El Burro is the ultra-sturdy polymer construction. Namely, this gun belt is made of durable and highly flexible material that will easily be able to handle even some of the heaviest holsters and handguns.
Furthermore, since it’s made from polymer, it is also resistant to most types of weather; it is virtually impervious to the ‘warping’ effects, and it will degrade and wear at a substantially lower pace in comparison to most standard similarly priced belts.
The hardware that this remarkable belt is supplied with is made of corrosion and rust-resistant aluminum, which again boosts the overall durability rating of Magpul’s El Burro.
In terms of comfort, it features eight pre-drilled holes, allowing you to find a comfortable, personalized fit pretty easily. In essence, this gun belt is inconspicuous and perfect for both open and concealed everyday carry due to its lightweight, yet formidable design.
- Lightweight and very comfortable to wear
- Robust flexible polymer construction
- Resistant to severe heat and cold
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum hardware
- Eight pre-drilled holes for a better fit
- Simple features
Dickies Men’s Leather Double Prong Belt
- UNIQUE DESIGN: If you are looking for a belt that reflects your outstanding personality, this double prong and double holes jeans belt might be the one. The unique design of this casual belt won’t let you go unnoticed.
- 100% LEATHER: Crafted from 100% leather, this high-quality leather belt gives you a nice and clean look with any looks. The sleek and smooth strap leather is perfect to finish off any of your outfit.
- DICKIES QUALITY: At Dickies we take pride in designing belts that are made for your everyday life. From work to family time we craft sturdy, yet fashionable belts that you can wear anytime and any wear. The buckle features a roller end with double prong.
- SIZING: For best fit, select belt size 2 inches larger than your pant size. For example, if your pant size is 34”, shop belt size 36”. Strap width 1 1/2".
Next up we have Dickies’ leather double prong belt. Just like our previous pick, Dickies belt is pretty basic and straightforward in the sense that its design offers reliability and convenience rather than an abundance of flashy, oftentimes unneeded features.
First of all, the double-pronged design of this belt is the reason why it’s positioned so high up on our list of the best belts for gun holsters. It offers unparalleled reliability and can support heavier gun models while being incredibly comfortable to wear.
Speaking of which, it’s made of lightweight, yet remarkably sturdy leather material and boasts durable aluminum hardware. As far as aesthetics are concerned, it’s also available in seven different color variations, including black, brown, tan, and more.
- Made of top-shelf leather materials
- Available in numerous color style variations
- The double-prong design offers more reliability
- Light and sturdy
- Very comfortable to wear
- Difficult to find replacements if the hardware gets damaged or ruined
5.11 Tactical Men’s Military Trainer Belt
- RESILIENT CONSTRUCTION - Specially crafted using ultra-strong Nylon mesh with heavy stitch reinforcements for extra durability made suitable for any tough situation.
- HIGH-PERFORMING BELT - Designed with stainless steel buckle strategically tested for tensile strength up to 5.11 lbs. It converts to a tie down, carry strap, or emergency harness for maximum use.
- SUPERIOR TACTICAL USE - Built for operational or recreational outdoor activities. Its design is made to minimize discomfort while providing exceptional and reliable functionality.
- ENHANCED DESIGN - Reinforced to offer a fade- and rip-resistant structure that allows every wearer to use this accessory during a hike, mission, and other outdoor activities.
- SIZE AND COLOR AVAILABILITY - Exclusively designed by 5.11 Tactical. This belt is offered in sizes Small to 4XL in Charcoal, Black, Coyote, TDU Green, Tundra, and Sandstone.
Let’s slowly drift from ‘conventional’ gun belts and into the sphere of tactical belts with 5.11’s military trainer belt. In a nutshell, this is a small, incredibly light belt that can support far more weight than most leather-made ones. Further at that note, 5.11’s tactical military trainer belt is made of robust and flexible nylon material that will begin to wear at a sluggish pace even if used every day.
Furthermore, this belt features strong stitched reinforcements that afford it extra durability; it’s pretty fair to say that you’ll be able to use it for years without needing to patch it up, given proper use and maintenance of course.
The hardware of this gun belt takes the spotlight, though; the buckle is convertible, allowing you to use the belt as a carry strap and as an emergency harness if need be. Needless to say, it’s as sturdy as the rest of the construction.
As for its looks, it could easily pass for a dress belt and can be carried to practically any occasion or event; furthermore, it’s available in several colors, including black, coyote, sandstone, tundra, and such.
- Superiorly versatile
- Can be used as a belt, as a harness, or as a carry strap
- Among the lightest and most durable nylon gun holster belts available in the price range
- Excellent value for the buck
- Special sizing
Shotgun Lilli Brown Genuine Leather Gun Belt
- New Genuine Leather
- Solid Plain Gun Belt
- Brown Color
- Gun belts are 2 1/2" wide. Please note that these belts are a natural product and may contain imperfections.
- When sizing for a gun belt, please check size by measuring where you will be wearing the gun belt (over all clothing) with cloth measuring tape. DO NOT USE PANTS OR STANDARD BELT SIZE. We want to avoid belt exchanges since they are expensive and delay getting your correct size. Please contact us, if you are not sure.
Shotgun Lilli’s model is a top-quality leather gun belt made of some of the sturdiest refined leather materials available. Although this is a plain belt holster, it brings a variety of convenient benefits to the table, including great looks, a comfy feel, decent adjustability, and premium-quality hardware.
Starting from the bottom up, Shotgun Lilli’s leather belt is 2.5-inch wide and is available in a myriad of sizes (in the range of 34 to 50 inches in increments of 2”). It’s relatively thick, but still amazingly comfortable to wear due to the fact that it’s manufactured from eco-friendly acid-free leather.
In terms of aesthetics, its only downside is that it is only available in the natural brown color. However, it’s handmade and it looks very authentic and unique. Furthermore, it could be carried in any given situation and can serve as an open-carry or concealed carry holster belt.
It features six strapping holes, two leather belt clips, and gold-plated hardware. Both the buckle and the prong are of tremendous quality, and it’s pretty safe to say that they’re as durable as the rest of the belt.
The beauty of Shotgun Lilli’s holster belt lies in its simplicity and practicality. This belt does not come supplied with any outstanding features aside from the highly adjustable clips, which can be used to fine-tune the comfortability of this belt.
- Highly comfortable thick leather belt
- Excellent quality of hardware
- Made of top-shelf leather materials
- Looks absolutely amazing
- A vast range of size options
- Available in only one color
- No outstanding features
Condor LCS Gun Belt
- 2" QD buckle
- 2" wide belt webbing throughout can be used as two belt system
- Laser cut slots for modular attachment
- Reinforced with scuba webbing
- Removable inner anti-slip pad
Condor’s LCS is a well-rounded tactical holster belt that offers substantially more versatility and utility when compared to casual-styled belt models.
First and foremost, this belt sports a two-inch QD buckle with a quick-release function. It’s made of plastic, but it’s exceptionally sturdy and reliable. Furthermore, the belt features wide webbing that brings extra breathability and comfort to the table.
The holes drilled into this belt are fully compatible with any kind of holster models, including a huge array of MOLLE-compliant accessories. Condor’s LCS belt is further reinforced with robust scuba webbing for optimal durability, and it also sports a removable anti-slip pad.
- One of the most durable gun holsters available
- Removable anti-slip pad
- Strong hardware
- Quick-release buckle
- Relatively bulky
- Heavier than average
5.11 Tactical Men’s 1.63-inch Sierra Bravo Plus Work Duty Belt 59505
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION - Practically designed to offer durability for the most demanding situations. Crafted using ultra-strong 1680D nylon material with 1.63 inches inner belt width, delivering a sturdy and comfortable work belt.
- ENHANCED DESIGN - Featuring a dual-belt configuration with Duraflex hardware. Designed to fully support a broad range of loadouts, it's included with the main belt, inner belt, and four dual-retention keepers with hook and loop snap closure.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE - Built for operational or recreational outdoor activities, this gear's design effectively minimizes discomfort while providing exceptional and reliable functionality.
- TACTICAL DUTY BELT - Reinforced with water and abrasion resistance and MOLLE and SlickStick compatibility. This premium-grade belt is crafted to provide every wearer with comfort while offering a clean look.
- TRUSTED BRAND - Developed with quality in mind, 5.11 Tactical offers a wide range of products that includes shirts, pants, bags, accessories, and more. Defining their brand through challenge and fortitude, 5.11 promises readiness beyond limits.
Our following pick is one of the most versatile gun belt holster models on the entire market. 5.11’s Sierra Bravo belt is lighter, thinner, and incomparably more customizable than most similarly priced tactical belts, and it wouldn’t be wrong to say it’s one of the best belts for gun holsters that money can buy.
It’s made of lightweight nylon and reinforced with ultra-durable webbing for additional protection against scratches and ripping. It features two built-in Velcro straps for width adjustment, and it sports four attachable Duraflex holster and accessory holders.
Obviously, it is compatible with MOLLE accessories and gear, but if you take out the attachments it becomes a regular everyday dress belt that still offers plenty of utility and comfort.
- Superior customizability
- Thin, but highly durable
- Four attachable holster holders
- Dual-belt design
- Reinforced webbing
Excellent Elite Spanker’s Military Waist Belt Multi-Purpose Molle Padded Patrol Belt
- This padded patrol molle belt constructed by high quality and durable 1000D nylon material, multi - layer honeycomb mesh elastic foam pad and Plastic buckle.
- Three kinds of materials to reduce your burden. The first layer of mesh to ensure ventilation and heat, the second layer of sponge to ease the force, the third layer of foam decompression against vibration.
- The tactical molle battle belt can adjustable length and detachable, you can take out the internal use of the belt alone. Plastic buckle easy and fast to disassemble.
- Tactical battle belt for attach extra useful magazine pouch, first aid pouch, flashlight pouch, water bottle pouch, dump pouches or any other on the panel to extend your storage space.
- Disperse your necessary equipment over a larger part of your body, making it easier to carry. In any tactical situation, provide excellent flexibility and security.
Next up is EEP’s multipurpose military waist belt. It’s made of dense 1000 Denier nylon and boasts a multi-layered honeycomb foam pad made of quality mesh. Furthermore, it’s a bit wider and thicker than average, but it’s still pretty comfortable to wear.
The only downside of this belt is its plastic buckle, although it does boast a quick-release function. It’s a bit cheaper option than 5.11’s Sierra Bravo that offers relatively similar features and benefits at the expense of a portion of comfort it is able to provide.
- Built to last
- Decent ventilation and breathability
- Made of top-shelf 1000 Denier nylon
- MOLLE compatible
- Just a tad less comfortable than dress belts
- Plastic hardware
EmersonGear Padded Battle Belt Tactical Combat Belt
- Constructed by 1000D nylon which makes this tactical belt durable and comfortable
- Padded back for cooling and comfort. Molle loops for attachment of pouches, holsters, etc
- Inner belt slides inside mesh sleeve and it can be run over one or multiple independent molle loop panels to use a drop-leg holster or non-molle belt worn holster
- Quick release buckle, perfect for airsoft, paintball, military, duty, training, shooting, hunting and other outdoor activities
- 3 size available with adjustable length: size S fits 33" - 37" waist, size M fits 38" - 40" waist, size L fits 41" - 43" waist. Please measure your actual waist size before you order.
Emersongear’s belt holster is next on the menu, and it merges the comfort and simplicity of plain belts and the utility and versatility of tactical belts. Just like our previous pick, it’s made of 1000 Denier nylon and it offers reliability and sturdiness before anything else.
The backside of this gun belt is thoroughly padded, offering extra breathability and comfort. Moreover, it sports MOLLE loops that you can use to attach several holsters, ammo bags, tactical pouches, and similar accessories.
It’s just a bit more expensive than some of the models on our list, and its buckle is made of relatively flimsy plastic, but its reliability is almost unparalleled.
- 1000 Denier nylon construction
- Thoroughly padded backside
- MOLLE loops allow you to attach multiple holsters and ammo bags
- Quick-release buckle
- Plastic buckle
- Relatively expensive
CQR Tactical Belt
- Size chart: Small (W28 - 30) Medium (W32 - 34) Large (W36 - 38) XL (W40 - 42) XXL (W44 - 46)
- EDC Tactical Accessories : Constructed with a hint of military and law enforcement performance design.
- Equipment Belt Concealed Carry Belt Work Belt EDC Everyday Carry Belt Tool Belt Utility BeltConstruction Belt Equipment CarrySuitable for the army, hunting, camping, maintenance, and everyday life
- Rip-resistant 1.5" strengthened nylon webbingConcealed Carry EDC belt with hardened support, does not Snag or Bend, Relatively inexpensive, virtually indestructible and lightweight
- Military Spec Heavy Duty Construction for durability and Quick-Release FunctionGeared for Law enforcement, Firefighters, Soldiers, Hunters, Campers, Boy Scouts, Hikers, Police officers, Rangers and for any Outdoorsman
CQR’s tactical belt is an excellent choice if you’re on a cash-strapped budget. Aside from being cheap, this belt offers plenty of utility features, a durable construction, and it comes available in a variety of size options.
Basically, CQR’s tactical belt is a gun holster belt made of rip-resistant nylon that packs a webbing reinforcement for additional sturdiness. What’s more, it is outfitted with a heavy-duty buckle that can survive anything as strong as a gunshot from a med-caliber rifle.
Speaking of which, the buckle of this holster belt offers quick and easy adjustments. The belt doesn’t feature any onboard clips, which helps the adjustments be done in a much quicker fashion, albeit at the expense of extra utility.
One of the most important benefits of this nylon belt lies in its adjustable length. Namely, you can trim the excess cloth and simply reattach the buckle, which makes going with a bit longer variants a smarter option.
From an aesthetic standpoint, this belt is decently well-rounded. It can be worn casually or as a tactical belt, as a tool belt, for open carry, or concealed carry. It doesn’t feature any onboard clip, holes, pockets, or built-in features like some of the tactical belt models we’ve covered so far, but it’s fairly versatile in its own right.
- Available in multiple color and size options
- Highly durable nylon construction
- Polymer buckle provides exceptional adjustability
- Very comfortable to wear
- Suitable for use as a casual everyday belt, as a tool belt, or as a gun belt
- No built-in holsters, pockets, clips, or similar tactical accessories
EcoGear FX Tactical Belt Military Style Webbing Riggers Belt
- Quick Release Buckle: Rapid buckle unlock when you push the gold tabs down at the same time. No holes to stretch and no slide ratchets to break.
- Reliable & Durable: Durable webbing belt with high quality 1000D nylon delivering a comfortable fit for daily use.
- Multiple Uses: Great for EDC (everyday carry), camping, hunting, tactical training, security, safety harness, law enforcement, firefighters and more
- Tactical Belt Dimensions: 45 inch, Width:1.5 inch, fits waist sizes up to a 42” inches. Buckle Size: 2" in width and 5/16" in thickness.
- Heavy Duty Metal Buckle - This tactical belt features a military belt buckle made of heavy-duty metal zinc alloy.
Let’s wrap it up with EcoGear’s FX Tactical Belt. The FX military belt is a no-brainer pick for people who are looking for an entry-level tactical gun belt; it’s made of quality nylon, it’s highly breathable, and it promises a lot in terms of simple adjustability and customization.
This is both a casual belt and a military holster belt at the same time; it is comfortable enough to be worn every day since it’s slim and exceptionally light, and it’s also convenient for concealed carry for similar reasons.
The highlight feature of EcoGear’s FX tactical belt is the quick-release buckle. Namely, equipping this belt and taking it off takes mere seconds. The buckle was also designed in such a way so as to provide a personalized fit to whoever’s wearing the belt.
On the downside, all of the hardware pieces are made of plastic; they’re not as durable as, for instance, Shotgun Lilli’s metal pronged buckle. Regardless, the hardware of this gun belt is not flimsy per se, but you should try handling it with care.
The EcoGear FX military belt looks plain and fairly ordinary, and it’s available in three different colors. Given all the utility it brings to the table complemented by its affordability, we daresay it’s well worth the money.
- Made of rip-resistant nylon material
- Available in three different colors
- Fairly cheap, good band for the buck
- Hardware slightly flimsier than average
What to look for in a belt for a gun holster?
There are a couple of things to consider before deciding which model is the best belt for a gun holster. Let’s dive right into it!
The design of the belt determines its intended use. Basic belts are generally a bit lighter and more comfortable to use, but they lack the versatility and utility of tactical (MOLLE) belts. Simpler belts are normally preferable as an everyday choice, whereas tactical belts are favored by members of military and police forces.
The comfort a belt can provide for you is determined by several factors; the ‘bulkiness’ is the first one, although not all big belts are uncomfortable to wear. The second element to this factor is the design, obviously; as we mentioned previously, casual belts are substantially more comfortable to wear on a daily basis.
The choice of material is a vital aspect of a belt’s performance. Gun belts are typically made from nylon or leather, although a great number of high-quality models also feature mesh inserts and webbed reinforcements for additional durability.
Nylon belts are lighter and a bit more customizable while leather holster belts are superior in terms of durability.
If a holster belt features loopholes, inserts, and similar features, it can accommodate not just your gun holster but also various other accessories, such as ammunition pouches, cartridges, shotgun shells, and various other gadgets. Tactical belts are generally superior in this field of performance.
The way a belt looks is something to consider, even though it doesn’t quite reflect how it performs in action. For example, camouflage-colored belts are great for military personnel, black belts are perfect for special forces, and so on.
The budget is, obviously, a definitive factor for most people. Expensive belts are not necessarily great while budget models are not necessarily bad per se. However, a good rule of thumb is to try to invest a couple of dollars more if you’re looking for quality. The price difference between the best gun belts and mediocre ones is not exactly vast.
Good belts can accommodate your gun holster, but the best gun belts need to do better than that. They need to be comfortable to wear and reliable at all times; whether you’ll buy a basic, simple belt or a utility-packed MOLLE-compliant one it’s up to you, but rest assured that all the models on our list are of exceptional quality and value. We wish you good luck in finding the best belt for a gun holster.